The Student Health Center is a professional medical clinic with services provided by licensed Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and Certified Medical Assistants. Services provided include:
Treatment of Acute Illnesses and Injuries
Respiratory illnesses (colds, flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, ear infections), urinary tract infections, skin infections, acne, headaches, allergies, sprains, etc.
Treatment of Stable Chronic Illness (on a case by case basis)
Asthma, hypertension, depression, anxiety, etc.
Sexual Health Services
Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, birth control, emergency contraception, menstrual issues, vaginitis, etc.
Physicals (sport, travel, general), PAP smears, family planning services.
Oral contraceptives, emergency contraception, Depo Provera, Free condoms
- Immunizations: Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, HepA/B combination, Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis (Tdap), Flu Vaccine, and Tuberculosis (TB) screening.
- Meningoccocal vaccine--Area pharmacies carry or will order this vaccine and can bill your insurance. Call pharmacy of your choice for information.
- HPV vaccine
- Titer blood test to determine immunity to Hepatitis B, Varicella, Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Lab Testing: Some lab testing is done in the clinic (Rapid Strep, Urinalysis, Mono spot test, titers, STD testing). Other lab work can be ordered by Student Health Center Nurse Practitioners to be performed at a local laboratory.
Providers offer prescriptions for medication as needed after patient has established care with the Health Center. Some prescription medication and birth control is available for purchase at the Student Health Center. Prescriptions written for other medications can be filled at any Oregon pharmacy. The Health Center is not a public Pharmacy: prescriptions from outside medical providers can not be filled at the Student Health Center.
- Health Education and Counseling: nutrition, tobacco cessation, sleep counseling, illness prevention and stress management.
- Referrals to Specialists as Indicated. A list of local physicians is available.
Fees: There is no charge for office visits. There are costs for lab, medication, immunizations, physicals and supplies. For more information visit the Student Health Center fee page.
All Health Center records and communications with staff are confidential and are protected by law. Information will only be released when the patient signs a written "authorization to disclose medical information" form. The Health Center's records remain separate from other university files and are not considered educational records; there are exceptions as outlined in the Health Center Notice of Privacy Practices section and which can be discussed with the Health Center staff.
24 Hour nurse advice, health information, and counseling support through Collegiate Assistance Program:
If you are enrolled in the University Student Health Insurance plan with United Healthcare, you may call for 24-hour assistance by dialing the number listed on your ID card. Collegiate Assistance Program is staffed by Registered Nurses and Licensed Clinicians who can help you determine if you need to see medical care, need legal/financial advice or may need to talk to someone about everyday issues that can be overwhelming.