The new residence hall, Cascade Hall, opened in Fall 2014.
Cascade Hall is located on the northeast corner of campus conveniently located adjacent to Washburne University Center and easily accessible from all parts of campus. As a highly sustainable residence hall which focuses on a multitude of community spaces, Cascade reinforces an already developing living and learning community on the Forest Grove Campus.
Cascade Hall is home to 198 co-ed residents. The hall consists of singles, doubles, deluxe doubles, and double suites. This residence hall houses students that are generally 18 years old and older prior to the start of the Fall term.
Learn more about the new residence hall in the following sections:
- Floor Plans and Room Types
- Unit Furnishings
- Staffing and Safety
- Earth-Friendly Living Environment
All rooms are ADA adaptable.
Single Occupancy Unit : 30 single units
Each unit comes with a bed, desk, stackable drawers and dresser.
Double Occupancy Unit : 66 Double Units (132 Beds Total)
Each unit comes with two beds, two desks, stackable drawers and two dressers.
Deluxe Double Occupancy Unit: 6 Deluxe Double Units Available (12 Beds Total)
Each unit comes with two beds, two desks, stackable drawers, two dressers and has additional square footage.
Double Suite Occupancy Unit: 6 Quad Suite Units Available (24 Beds Total)
Each unit has two double bedrooms and a shared full bathroom. Each bedroom has two dressers, stackable drawers and two desks. The bathroom has access to a shared sink/vanity area.
- extra long twin beds
- desk with desk chair
- stackable drawers
- Wireless Internet access throughout
- Energy efficient heating and cooling
- Keyless entry to main entrances
- Television hookup in bedroom units (cable service at student expense)
- Main floor lounges with fireplace, large screen TV and recreational game table
- Community kitchens on first and fourth floors for social gatherings
- Community study lounge on each floor
- mini blinds on all exterior windows
- Laundry room on first and third floors
- Vending machines
- Trash and recycling rooms
- Window seats and study alcoves in corridors
- All public areas are adjacent to large windows for natural daylight
- Covered porches and community BBQ area
- Community kitchen for social gatherings
- The new residence hall will be staffed by a full-time Area Coordinator (AC), and paraprofessional Resident Assistants (RA)
- A RA is on call from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Sunday-Thursday and 24 hours a day on weekends and holidays.
- Property patrolled by Campus Public Safety
- All exterior door entries will be controlled by card access
- Residents can be a part of Hall Council to address concerns in the building, provide fellow students with social opportunities, and help secure amenities for the hall. Hall Council is a great way to develop as a leader while at Pacific. Hall Council members are elected at the beginning of the Fall semester.
- Low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) paint and carpeting throughout
- Recycled materials in concrete, steel, insulation and drywall
- Dual-flush toilets
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures
- Smart boxes that control heating & cooling
- Energy efficient mechanical systems
- Energy efficient lighting
- Water efficient landscaping
- Native plant species
- Reduced light pollution
- Energy efficient roofing materials
- Regionally harvested and manufactured materials
- Energy star rated washers and dryers
- Natural daylight