The Department of Housing and the Department of Residence Life are excited to welcome you to the Pacific University community. As housing and residence life professionals we strive to provide a thriving residential community, which will enable your success here at Pacific.
Newly deposited undergraduate students to Pacific will receive an email from the Housing Office in early May with information on how to submit the Housing Application for the 2015-16 academic year. Please Note: this e-mail is automatically sent to undergraduate students that are twenty-four years old and younger. If you are older than twenty-four and want a housing application, please e-mail us directly to request one.
Be sure to check out all the information available from Housing and Residence Life.
- Fall Housing Check-In Information
- Residency Requirement/Waiver
- Residence Halls
- Residence Hall Handbook
- Personal Property Insurance
- Housing & Residence Life Staff
- What to Bring List
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Housing Calendar 2015-16
How to Apply for 2015-16 Housing
STEP 1: Set-up PUNet ID and Password
To start the process of applying for housing you will need to have activated your Pacific University account (PUNet ID).
For assistance with activating your account contact the University Information Services at 503-352-1500 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 2: Submit Online Housing Application
*Deposited undergraduate students for the Fall semester will receive an email from the Housing Office in early May with information on how to submit the Housing Application.
*Deposited undergraduate students for the Winter or Spring semester will automatically be contacted by the Housing Office, including Pacific students that are studying abroad. Housing applications will be released beginning in early November.
- Login to Residence using your PUNet ID and password.
- Information collected is used by the Housing Office to determine your housing assignments and roommate(s).
- New students who are applying for housing for Fall semester are strongly encouraged to submit the housing application by May 31.
- Applications are continually processed after May 31 as new students are admitted and submit their enrollment deposit to the University Admission Office.
Please note: We believe finding you the best roommate match is more important than placing you in a certain building or room type. Therefore we do not request this information from you.
*The housing e-mail is automatically sent to undergraduate students that are twenty-four years old and younger. If you are older than twenty-four and want a housing application, please e-mail us directly to request one.
STEP 3: Preferred Roommate Selection (Optional) - Fall Semester Only
- All new undergraduate students who have submitted their housing application by May 31 will have an opportunity to choose a preferred roommate. Look for the email from the Housing Office that was sent on or after June 1 with further instructions. If you choose to participate you must complete this step by June 14. Please note you may only select one roommate during this process.
- The Housing Office strives to do our best to honor roommate requests, however when room inventory is low we may need to break up roommate groups to be able to make a room assignment.
Students who choose not to participate in this process or who deposited in June, will be assigned a roommate through an automated process.
To select a roommate please follow these steps:
1. Login to Residence https://pacificu-residence.symplicity.com/
2. Click Roommate Tab
3. Select Term “Fall 2015”
4. Click on: “Search Resident Profiles” or “Find Someone You Know”.
a. Click on Search Resident Profiles if you want to search for a roommate. You will be able to change the search filters based on things such as sleep habits, room cleanliness, age, etc.
b. Click on Find Someone You Know if you already know who you know you want to live with. Share your roommate codes to complete this request. Your roommate code can be found at the upper right hand corner of your Residence homepage.
All communication between potential roommate matches is anonymous until a student chooses to share their information.
Be sure to check your messages daily in your Residence account to monitor roommate requests.
If you checked the box on the housing application that you were willing to pay the higher rate for a unit such as a single, single suite, or apartment, we strongly suggest you do not participate in the roommate process to increase your chances of being placed in one of these room types.
Once you’ve found a roommate match be sure to accept by the deadline of Sunday, June 14.
A "preferred roommate" request you will not be viewable under your "Residence" account until the Housing Office makes the actual room assigment. You will be able to login and view it during Step 4 (see below).
STEP 4: Check your Pacific University email
- New undergraduate students for Fall semester will receive an email in mid-July informing them to login to their Residence account to view their room assignment and roommate(s).