The Department of Housing and the Department of Residence Life are excited to welcome you to the Pacific University community. As housing and residence life professionals we strive to provide a thriving residential community, which will enable your success here at Pacific.
Newly deposited undergraduate students to Pacific will receive an email from the Housing Office in early May with information on how to submit the Housing Application for the 2016-17 academic year. Please Note: this e-mail is automatically sent to undergraduate students that are twenty-four years old and younger. If you are older than twenty-four and want a housing application, please e-mail us directly to request one.
Be sure to check out all the information available at the links below.
- Fall Housing Check-In Information (link available in May)
- Residency Requirement/Waiver
- Residence Halls
- Residence Hall Handbook
- Personal Property Insurance
- Housing & Residence Life Staff
- What to Bring List
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Housing Calendar 2016-17
How to Apply for 2016-17 Housing
STEP 1: Set-up PUNet ID and Password
To start the process of applying for housing you will need an active Pacific University account (PUNet ID).
For assistance with activating your account contact the University Information Services at 503-352-1500.
STEP 2: Submit Online Housing Application
*Deposited undergraduate students for the Fall semester will receive an email from the Housing Office in early May with information on how to submit the Housing Application.
*Deposited undergraduate students for the Winter or Spring semester will automatically be contacted via email by the Housing Office, including Pacific students that are studying abroad. Housing applications will be released beginning in early November.
- After receiving the informational email from the Housing Office login to Residence using your PUNet ID and password to submit your housing application.
- Information collected is used by the Housing Office to determine your housing assignments and roommate(s).
- New students who are applying for housing for Fall semester are strongly encouraged to submit the housing application by May 23.
- Applications are continually processed after May 23 as new students are admitted and submit their enrollment deposit to the University Admission Office.
- New students interested in a waiver of the University's residency requirement may request the form through the housing application.
Please note: We believe finding you the best roommate match is more important than placing you in a particular residence hall or room type. Therefore we do not ask for residence hall or room type preferences from you. We do offer room change opportunities during the academic year for those students that desire a different living environment.
*The housing e-mail is automatically sent to undergraduate students that are twenty-four years old and younger. If you are older than twenty-four and want a housing application, please e-mail us directly to request one.
STEP 3: Request Roommate (Optional) - Fall Semester Only
- All students in this room assignment process, who have submitted their housing application by June 10 at noon, will have an opportunity to request a roommate from the pool of other students in this process. Look for an email from the Housing Office that will be sent with further instructions. If you choose to participate you MUST complete this step by Tuesday, June 14 by 5pm. Please note you may only select one roommate during this process.
- The Housing Staff strives to do their best to honor roommate requests, however when room inventory is low we may need to break up roommate groups to be able to make a room assignment.
Students who choose not to participate in this process or who deposited in June or later, will be assigned a roommate through an automated process.
To select a roommate please follow these steps:
- Login to Residence
- Click Roommate Tab
- Select "2016-17”
- Click on: “Search Resident Profiles” or “Find Someone You Know”.
a. Click on Search Resident Profiles if you want to search for a roommate. You will be able to change the search filters based on things such as sleep habits, room cleanliness, age, etc.
b. Click on Find Someone You Know if you already know who you want to live with. Share your roommate codes to complete this request. Your roommate code can be found at the upper right hand corner of your Residence homepage.
All communication between potential roommate matches is anonymous until a student chooses to share their information.
Be sure to check your messages daily in your Residence account to monitor roommate requests.
If you checked the box on the housing application that you were willing to pay the higher rate for a unit such as a single, single suite, or apartment, we strongly suggest you do not participate in the roommate process to increase your chances of being placed in one of these room types.
Once you’ve found a roommate match be sure to accept the roommate invitation by the deadline of Tuesday, June 14 by 5pm.
You will be able to login to your Residence account and view your roommate during Step 4 (see below).
STEP 4: Check your Pacific University email
- As a Pacific University student for Fall semester you will receive an email in mid-July informing you to login to your Residence account to view your room assignment and roommate(s).